Friday, August 29, 2008

Analysis Paralysis: "The where do I go from here syndrome"

I have spent time tonight reading some posts on other doubling sites as I do daily. But this time I spent a little longer than usual. I came across a lot of ideas. So many in fact that I got to a point of information overload. I was on Google searching all of the ideas that I had found and analyzing them and jumping back and forth between them needless to say that got me nowhere. It was at this point that I decided I needed to make out a tentative game plan. So here is the plan at this point. Keep in mind this plan is a work in progress. It is solely for the purpose of organizing this clutter in my head and as a way to kickstart me into action on a few ideas I have been kicking around. These goals will be layed out in the order that I plan to make a go of them.

1. Write one article a month for Associated Content. This is a very small goal. But the reason for this is I am going to focus on another strategy as well which also involves articles. The article for this month is already written and awaiting approval. If you are not familiar with Associated Content visit my blog article Freelance Writing.

2. Article Marketing Write 90 articles in 120 days each promoting an associate program. These are not going to be spammed and they are not just going to be there for the associate program. If the article does not serve a useful purpose and contribute to the web community I will not publish it. The original article said write an article a day for 90 days. I am giving myself 120 days to complete this task simply because I have other things going on as well.

3. Posting to this blog and reading other blogs for ideas. This blog is my priority at this time. So far I have not made any money from this blog and if that was the sole purpose I would have quit already. This blog is here to document what I have done, what I plan to do, and the results of those activities. Now do not get me wrong, I do have a few links on this blog to make money from along with Adsense. If it makes me some money great, if not, oh well that is not the sole purpose.

4. Buying soft drinks to resell at work. My penny fund is at $1.08 at this time. The money is just sitting here and I am tired of it not working for me. The more money I can keep invested the faster it will grow. In keeping with the Rules, I have to use the original coins, bills, etc that I have accumulated. So I have 1.00 in non-penny change. There is a drink machine that sells canned drinks for 35 cents each. On tuesday morning I plan on purchasing 2 soft drinks for 70 cents and selling them at work for 50 cents. That will get me to the next step and will be my first monetary investment. This does not seem like very much money but if you think of the percentage gained it is incredible. It is roughly a 43% yield for one day.

5. I will continue to collect scrap copper at work and sell it to the recycling center next time I am nearby so that I will not have to pay for gas to get there and back. I have also considered walking my neighborhood and picking up aluminum cans. That would give me some much needed exercise and add a little to my fund. Still undecided about that even though I really do need the exercise.


Those are my goals and plans for the upcoming weeks hopefully I will gain a few steps along the way.

Slow and steady on the path
rgrace

No comments: