Sunday, August 24, 2008

Million dollar experiment.

This blog is a journal documenting an experiment I have recently gotten involved in. Have you ever heard the story of the little kid who tells his dad that he does not have to pay his allowance anymore? All the kid asks is that his dad pays him a penny and doubles it daily. The dad is more than happy to do this and is proud of his unselfish son. After 2 weeks he realizes that his son is a very cunning child and he has no choice but to break his agreement to his son. For those of you who do not know he would have to pay his son well over a million dollars in less than a month. Well, the experiment I am doing is similar in nature. The original was written by Stuart Goldsmith and it has been rewritten many times. The experiment entails finding your first penny, then finding ways to double that penny. Then doubling the 2 pennies. Then doubling the 4 pennies... etc. etc. There are rules to follow as well. I will link to two different versions of this plan for you to read. This blog will journal my progress and I will also toss around the ideas to get to the next step. Links to the original articles will be coming in a future blog. If this interests you feel free to jump in and comment. I hope I encourage others to participate in this project. The more minds we get involved the more chance we will all be successful.

No comments: